Tuesday 26 May 2015

Type forms.

Have been working on a different publication, quite a small one - but it needed careful selection of type. One font that appealed initial was Sketch Rockwell, but this didn't scale to smaller sizes well. Out of interest I called it up, along with the two typefaces I did use. I was amazed at the detail in Sketch Rockwell - here's just the "S"; but each letter showed a lot of fine attention, which I'm betting hardly anyone ever notices.
Rockwell. Click to zoom in. Available all over the place, with different names. Someone, somewhere, designed this and put quite a lot into it. Then loads of people ripped it off. This link takes you to a designer with some claim (see Sketch Block) but maybe to avoid copyright claims over the name as Monotype own the Rockwell name (http://www.fonts.com/font/monotype/rockwell). Who knows? I wish I did!  

Traveling (American spelling) Typewriter. Can be got from here. Appears to be free to use, http://www.urbanfonts.com/fonts/Traveling_Typewriter.htm


No comments:

Post a Comment